During a 3-day classroom experience, participants will use a case study to look at and practice concepts and techniques for great analysis on agile projects, including;
- Defining Vision, Problems, and Results Needed
- Identifying good and poorly written user stories
- Writing user stories
- Using the Gherkin Method for user story acceptance criteria
- Splitting user stories
- Creating a Story Map and using it to:
- Analyze the user experience
- Analyze for gaps
- Define MVP
- Organize releases
- Analyzing the backlog
- Prioritizing the backlog
- Relating Analysis Models to user stories
- Identifying what stories from the case study need models
- Facilitating for better conversations and rich dialog
- Facilitation techniques for innovation
The classroom experience is followed up with cohort coaching sessions. Every three weeks, participants join a 1-hour virtual session and bring work-related examples, questions, and challenges that match these topics:
- Product Owner and Analyst Collaboration
- A Healthy Backlog
- User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Story Splitting
- Analysis Models
- Collaborating for better dialog
Length: This program consists of 3 days in the classroom and 6 months of virtual follow-up sessions with cohort coaching for a total of 30 contact hours.
Participants that attend all classroom and virtual sessions and fully engage in the cohort will earn a certificate for Maximizing Agile Outcomes with Analysis.
This course is valuable to:
- Agile teams or team members (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, System Analysts) who need to increase their level of business analysis
- Experienced business analysts who want to add value to an agile team
- Those new to business analysis and work, or desire to work, in an agile environment
- Anyone involved in transitioning an organization from a traditional to agile environment
Participants in the course will:
- Discuss and identify how agile analysis adds value to teams delivering high quality products
- Distinguish what activities are part of agile analysis
- Practice the key techniques for great agile analysis:
- User Stories
- User Story Splitting
- Acceptance Criteria
- User Story Mapping
- Analysis Models to go with your stories
- Understand the role of the Product Owner and who does analysis
- Understand how to link a product vision and roadmap to the details of your everyday work
- Know where analysis fits into agile ceremonies
- Describe what a healthy backlog looks like and how to prioritize it
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
Price: $1,599.00.00 Early Bird Pricing: $1439.10 until Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
Register with co-workers (3 or more) and get an additional 15% off
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in courses that are at least 7 hours in length
- CEUs: 3.6
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
Metropolitan State Institute for Professional Development does not currently have public seat-based classes running for fall 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will follow guidance from the Minnesota State system for the Spring 2021 Semester; and the health and safety of students and staff will be at the forefront of any decision we make. Information will be posted here as soon as available, please Subscribe to our Email List for updated information to be sent directly.
In the meantime, please Click Here for information about customized training classes that can be offered at your organization.