The workshop features an iPad simulation which immerses participants in dozens of situations relevant to project work in organizations. Participants will work through practical exercises, quizzes, and discussion to bring project concepts to life.
Length: 3 days
This course is part of the Executing Successful Projects Certificate
This course is part of the Executing Successful Projects Series: Project Essentials
This class is equally valuable to those who are new to leading projects or those who are experienced project managers.
- Individuals assigned to lead projects
- Project managers wanting to sharpen their skills
- PMP’s® who need a refresher on concepts for PDU’s®
- Project sponsors who want a greater understanding of the project management process
- Understand the role of the project manager through each phase of a project: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing
- Build a common understanding of project terminology and techniques
- Increase a project’s potential by applying project management tools and processes
- Leverage critical teamwork techniques to get your project team to work together
- Engage project stakeholders and sponsors
- Understand when and how to use project templates
- Describe the difference between project management and project methodology
- Define project roles and responsibilities
- Apply common project tools to
- Identify stakeholders
- Initiate a charter
- Define scope
- Build a schedule
- Determine a budget
- Design communication and risk plans
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Price: $1,495.00 Early Bird Pricing: $1345.50 ends four weeks prior to course start date.
- Course Text: reference binder will be provided in class
- Food: Lunch is included in all courses that are at least 7 hours in length
- CEUs: 2.52
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).