The MN Cyber GCIH® training program consists of a mix of classroom content and scenarios on the MN Cyber Range, with the goal to provide analysts authentic practice in responding to frequently encountered cyber-attacks. The scenarios aim to challenge the trainees and give them practice and success in treating many attack vectors. This course focuses on incident response performance while using common security operations center procedures and understanding the critical processes in the organization, emphasizing teamwork, effective communication skills including appropriate escalation, and the need for institutional learning via detailed debriefing.
Courses are face-to-face, and attendance is required.
This non-credit course will prepare you to take the GCIH® certification exam. This is a vendor-neutral and globally recognized industry certification.
*Certification exam is not included in the course price.
Length: 42 total hours
This course will significantly benefit security operations center analysts and managers at all levels.
Security Techniques Acquired:
- The steps of the incident handling process
- Detecting malicious applications and network activity
- Common attack techniques that compromise hosts
- Detecting and analyzing system and network vulnerabilities
- Continuous process improvement by discovering the root causes of incidents
- Introduction to Incident Response Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Incident Response and Handling Steps
- Computer Security Incident Response Team Roles and Functions
- Handling Network Security Incidents
- Handling Malicious Code Incidents
- Handling Insider Threats
- Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
- Incident Reporting
- Incident Recovery
- Development and Implementation of Effective Security Policies Through the Lens of a Cyber Attack
Work experience in the Information Security Domain
Price: $3250.00 Early Bird: $2925.00 until 21 days prior to beginning of course
- Course Texts: Course materials provided
- Food: Lunch will be provided daily
- CEUs: 5.04
- GIAC CEPs: 30
- Location: Metropolitan State University Science and Education Center
- Parking: Available in the Metropolitan State University Ramp for a $5.00 daily fee
- If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org