The MN Cyber CISSP® Certification Training course focuses solely on the 8 domains of knowledge as determined by (ISC)2 that form a critical part of CISSP® exam. Each domain of knowledge is dissected into its critical components, and those components are then discussed in terms of their relationship with one another and with other areas of information security. The Security Operations domain is supported by a scenario on the MN Cyber Range to solidify understanding of theory to application.
Courses are face-to-face, and attendance is required.
This non-credit course will prepare you to take the CISSP® certification exam. This is a vendor-neutral and globally recognized industry certification. Certification exam is not included in the course price.
Length: 42 total hours
The CISSP® certification is designed for:
- IT security analysts
- Vulnerability analysts
- Threat intelligence analysts
The broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP® Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) ensure its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security. Successful candidates are competent in the following 8 domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
The security operations domain will be supported by a full-day training experience on the MN Cyber Range.
CISSP® candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP® Common Body of Knowledge. A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become a CISSP® may become an Associate of (ISC)2 by successfully passing the CISSP® examination. The Associate of (ICS)2 will then have 6 years to earn the 5 years required experience.
Price: $2,500.00 Early Bird: $2250.00 until 21 days prior to beginning of course
- Course Texts: Course materials provided
- Food: Lunch will be provided daily
- CEUs: 5.04
- GIAC CEPs: 24
- Location: Metropolitan State University Science and Education Center
- Parking: Available in the Metropolitan State University Ramp for a $5.00 daily fee
- If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at email@example.com