This Series is comprised of four separate courses. The registration now button on this page will automatically register you in all four courses with a 15% series discount.
Length: Courses vary in length; the total length of the series is 3 days
This series is part of the Executing Successful Projects Certificate
People who lead:
- Project teams
- Change initiatives
- It rollout or implementation projects
- Strategic initiatives – like business architects
- Process improvement projects
- Continuous improvement efforts
After completing this series, participants will be able to:
- Build a business case
- Explain the linkage between an organization’s strategy, change initiative and the role of the business case
- Complete the non-financial sections of a business case and support the preparation of the financial analysis
- Convert the intangible benefits of a solution into the tangible, quantitative benefits and use them in the business case
- Recognize the application of the principals of good data presentation
- Identify crucial success factors and risk for a change initiative
- Use a business case to build a project charter
- Understand how the elements of a business case transfer to a project charter
- Recognize the audience for a project charter
- Appreciate the elements of an effective project charter
- Learn to critique your own charters with a best practice checklist
- Write a project charter based on business case
- Understand how project leadership is directly related to your ability to motivate people
- Develop a promotional lens to view and motivate people in your role as a project manager
- Devise an immediate plan to increase your influence as a project manager
- Understand the Key Drivers of change
- Appreciate why projects efforts fail
- Identify key stakeholders for smoother transitions
- Understand the connection between projects and change
- Recognize your Sphere of Influence
- Utilize the 3 Steps of Change Implementation
- Analyze your audience and individualize communication for maximum engagement
There are no prerequisites for these courses.
Price: $782.85 Early Bird Pricing: $704.57 up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course.
- Food: Lunch is included in all courses that are 7 hours or more
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
- Building the Business Case for Change on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- From Business Case to Project Charter on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Project Engagement on Thursday, January 24, 2019 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Leading Stakeholders through Change on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.