This Series is comprised of three separate courses.
The registration button below will automatically register you in all three courses with a 15% series discount.
Length: The courses in the series are varying lengths; the whole series is 5 days in length.
This course is part of the Executing Successful Projects Certificate
People who lead:
- Project teams
- Change initiatives – like business architects
- Process improvement projects
- Continuous improvement efforts
After completing this series, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the right facilitation tool for stakeholder input on project initiatives
- Analyze situations and audience to choose the correct facilitation tools
- Understand techniques to gather information
- Engage participants in constructive group discussions to evaluate situations and problem solve
- Leverage the conflict experienced by your project team for a better results
- Understand the five actions to handle conflict
- Choose conflict strategy based on the situation
- Understand win-lose scenarios and their cost
- Recognize win-win possibilities
- Explain the change curve, its phases, and how it rolls out
- Identify your go-to reaction to change and how that affects your work
- Define your role in helping people navigate through change
- Analyze change situations and generate plans to allow for adjustment to change
If you are new to project management, we strongly suggest the course Succeeding with Projects as a first step to get the most from this series.
If you have a background in project management, this series will be valuable to you.
Price: $1,317.50 Early Bird Pricing: $1,185.75 up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in courses that are at least 7 hours in length
- CEUs: 4.2
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
Metropolitan State Institute for Professional Development does not currently have public seat-based classes running for fall 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will follow guidance from the Minnesota State system for the Spring 2021 Semester; and the health and safety of students and staff will be at the forefront of any decision we make. Information will be posted here as soon as available, please Subscribe to our Email List for updated information to be sent directly.
In the meantime, please Click Here for information about customized training classes that can be offered at your organization.