This Series is comprised of two separate courses.
–Succeeding with Projects
–Intro to Agile
The registration tab on this page will automatically register you in both courses with a 15% series discount.
Length: The total length of both courses is 3.5 days
This series is part of the Executing Successful Projects Certificate
People who lead:
- Project teams
- Change initiatives
- Strategic initiatives – like business architects
- IT rollouts and implementations
After completing this series, participants will be able to:
- Make a choice on the best approach for a project between traditional (waterfall) project or an agile project
- Understand the role of the project manager through each phase of a project: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Build a common understanding project terminology and techniques
- Increase a project’s potential by applying project management tools and processes
- Leverage critical teamwork techniques to get your project team to work together
- Engage project stakeholders and sponsors
- Understand when and how to use project templates
- Describe the difference between project management and project methodology
- Define project roles and responsibilities
- Apply common projects tools to
- Identify stakeholders
- Initiate a charter
- Define scope
- Build a schedule
- Determine a budget
- Design communication and risk plans
- Differentiate between Agile and other frameworks of the philosophy
- Understand, at a high level, the main agile framework being used in today’s marketplace
- Determine if additional training in agile techniques would be worthwhile
There are no prerequisites for these courses.
Price: $1,670.25 Early Bird Pricing: $1,503.00 up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in courses that are at least 7 hours in length
- CEU’s: 3.0
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
Metropolitan State Institute for Professional Development does not currently have public seat-based classes running for fall 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will follow guidance from the Minnesota State system for the Spring 2021 Semester; and the health and safety of students and staff will be at the forefront of any decision we make. Information will be posted here as soon as available, please Subscribe to our Email List for updated information to be sent directly.
In the meantime, please Click Here for information about customized training classes that can be offered at your organization.