This Series is comprised of three separate courses. The registration button on this page will automatically register you in all three courses with a 15% series discount.
Length: Courses in this series vary in length from 1.5 days to 4 days for a total of 7 days.
This series is part of the Executing Change Certificate
People who lead:
- Project teams
- Change initiatives
- Strategic initiatives – like business architects
- Process improvement projects
- Continuous improvement efforts
After completing this series, participants will be able to:
- Build a business case for change
- Explain the linkage between an organization’s strategy and change initiative and the role of the business case
- Complete the non-financial sections of a business case and support the preparation of the financial analysis
- Convert the intangible benefits of a change initiative into tangible, quantitative benefits and use them in the business case
- Recognize the application of the principals of good data presentation
- Identify crucial success factors and risk for a change initiative
- Identify risks and opportunities that come with change initiatives
- Explain the sources and types of risk and opportunity
- Identify risks and opportunities in a given situation using several methods
- Analyze the impact and likelihood of uncertainty on the situation’s objectives
- Apply effective responses to each risk and create immediate or contingent action plans to deal with them
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various risk responses on the situation’s objectives
- Describe the rationale and method for continuous risk monitoring
- Integrate the right facilitation tool for stakeholder input on change initiatives
- Analyze situations and audience to choose the correct facilitation tools
- Understand techniques to gather information
- Engage participants in constructive group discussions to evaluate situations and problem solve
- Use tools to prevent meeting sabotage
Strongly recommend either:
- The course Change or
- The Executing Change Series 1: Guiding People through Change
Price: $1,870.00 Early Bird Pricing: $1,683.00 up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in courses that are at least 7 hours in length
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at email@example.com
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
Metropolitan State Institute for Professional Development does not currently have public seat-based classes running for fall 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We will follow guidance from the Minnesota State system for the Spring 2021 Semester; and the health and safety of students and staff will be at the forefront of any decision we make. Information will be posted here as soon as available, please Subscribe to our Email List for updated information to be sent directly.
In the meantime, please Click Here for information about customized training classes that can be offered at your organization.