Instructor, Metropolitan State University
- Project Program & Portfolio Management
- Agile Methodologies
- Immersive Simulation
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems from Augsburg College in Minneapolis
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development and Organizational Change Leadership.
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP®) by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
- Certified as a professional facilitator by the International Association of Facilitators.
Relevant experience to topic areas:
- For more than 20 years, Christine has led, trained, and coached teams charged with making change.
- Among the organizations Christine has worked with are:
- American Express
- Canadian Pacific
- Scott County
- Santa Clara County
- HB Fuller
- Owens Illinois
- In addition to working directly with organizations and their teams, Christine creates and leads educational workshops that incorporate immersive simulation learning to ensure skill based development and real-life application.
Philosophy of training in a nutshell:
Adults learn by doing which means training must present opportunities to “do” (practice, execute, apply). Whether designing or delivering training, she strives to create these opportunities.
Why instructor is excited about teaching at Metro State:
Instructor quote: “Metro State’s motto: ‘Where life and learning meet’ is perfectly aligned to my philosophy regarding learning by doing. Additionally, those attending Metro State’s Professional Development classes are highly motivated individuals striving for new or better careers, and I find that inspiring.”