Business Architect Certificate Program
The certificate is earned by taking two courses: Understanding the Business and Business Strategy to Execution.
Drawing on the variety of experiences and background of the cohort group, the certificate is a rigorous, non-credit training program designed and delivered by practicing business architects teaching face-to-face in the classroom.
The certificate delivers a deeper understanding of the discipline, skills, and techniques to succeed in a business architect role, along with:
- Increased professional skills
- Opportunities to network with other professionals
- Enhanced career advancement prospects
- Increased capacity to help resolve issues currently facing your organization
- Business Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Finance Managers
- Business Consultants
- Industrial Engineers
- Those who think TOGAFs are fun and exciting
- Six Sigma Experts
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the business need and value of business architecture
- Understand how this discipline relates to others in the organization
- Identify current state:
- Understand an organization through the business architecture lens
- Model an organization’s capabilities, value streams, and processes
- Show the intersection between the business and technology
- Visualize how the organization’s workforce impacts its capabilities
- Define the future state:
- Map the organization’s strategy, direction, and intent
- Interview leaders
- Depict a future state business model
- Understand and analyze the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of an organization
- Determine and model the maturity and gaps of an organization’s capabilities and create roadmaps to fill the gaps and address priorities
- Be an effective Business Architect:
- Understand and demonstrate the value of storytelling
- Manage upward to sponsors and stakeholders
- Identify an organization’s power network
The certificate is comprised of two courses. Understanding the Business should be taken prior to taking Business Strategy to Execution.
Price: This certificate is comprised of two courses: Understanding the Business and Business Strategy to Execution.
See the individual courses for pricing.
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
“I found the course to be extremely valuable and think it would appropriate for a select group of project and program managers at our company.” – from a 2017 participant
“I have enjoyed Mandy’s teaching, and she has lots of stories and experience to go with her teaching tools. She is friendly, approachable and always notes if someone has a question – so very responsive.” – from a 2016 participant
“The experience and case studies provided in the course were like a mini-MBA program.” – from a 2017 participant
“Consulting time was valuable. I appreciate that Stacey really sought to understand before diving into solution.” – from spring 2017 participant
“Good content. Excellent Instructors – I very much appreciated that the course was taught by practitioners who could give us real-world examples.” – from a 2017 participant
“Pat – loved your laid-back approach – do what makes sense in a situation. Thank you for the assessment materials! You are an excellent teacher! – from a 2016 participant