The courses in the certificate will feature tools and strategies utilized by the International Institute of Business Analysts® and their Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK). More importantly, the courses will be realistic. They will teach you the optimum framework for the ideal situation, but then they will teach you how adapt business analysis practices for the less-than-ideal world of most organizations.
These courses will have you interacting, discussing, and learning, not just from the instructor, but from the situations and experience of the other participants. Whether your challenges are at a systemic level with an organization or just with the one team member that everyone dreads seeing walk into the room, these courses will raise your competence and confidence with tough situations.
Learn to lay the groundwork from the start that builds the environment for project charters to be honed and focused, but also for smooth implementation and long-term sustaining. Help your organization see that a solution is just the beginning to change and how your skills as a business analyst can positively influence project success and staying power.
See list of all six courses below.
Please note that while these courses will thoroughly cover the philosophy and concepts in the BABOK® and any number of course combinations can provide the 21 education hours required to sit for the CBAP® exam, they are not designed to serve as exam preparation courses.
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Team Leaders
- Or anyone who wants one of the above roles in the future
- Make choices that build rapport with people so that you can elicit the information you need to help people define and refine requirements
- Understand the profession and the skills necessary to be an effective BA
- Identify, engage, and manage stakeholders
- Build a toolbox of options for elicitation of requirements
- Be able to read verbal and nonverbal communication to facilitate requirements
- Acquire skills to analyze requirements
- Comprehend the importance of planning
- Support and manage requirements
- Know content in the BABOK® and when to go beyond its tools
- Adapt tools and methodology for real-word situations
- Earn hours needed to qualify for IIBA® exams
See individual courses for additional competencies.
See individual courses for prerequisites
Price: $3,214.70 Early Bird: $2,893.23
- 63 instructional hours/7.56 CEUs
- Useful websites:
International Institute of Business Analysis: http://www.iiba.org/
MN IIBA Chapter: http://iibamsp.starchapter.com/
PMI Professional in Business Analysis: http://www.pmi.org/certification/business-analysis-pba.aspx
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or you would like to have this course customized specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
See individual courses for dates.