How often have you attended a meeting where information is presented, and then the facilitator of the meeting says to the whole group, “What do you think?” Or … have you ever found yourself at a meeting, wondering, “Why was I invited to this meeting?” Attempts to gather input and include many voices may be well-intended, but if not correctly executed, can result in people feeling like they have not been heard or that they have wasted their time. Avoid being the person whose meeting invites receive groans, heavy sighs, or “Sorry, I forgot to put this meeting on my calendar, and I cannot make it.”
This mini certificate will teach a more thoughtful process to lead meetings and gather input to achieve a wider variety of opinions along with gaining buy-in and using people’s time wisely.
Length: 2 courses
- Facilitation – A Game-changing Leadership Skill
- Storytelling for Leaders
This course pairs well with Executing Change Certificate and Successful Project Management Certificate
People who lead teams, departments, change initiatives, project teams, process improvement efforts, and/or determine goals and strategic plans
After taking this course, participants will be able to:
- Make decisions prior to meetings to focus purpose and invite the correct people
- Choose and utilize tools to gather input that includes all voices
- Expedite meetings to reach the meeting goals
- Close a meeting with a clear action plan
- Manage difficult meeting situations and participants
- Draw on their own experiences to connect with the audience
See individual courses for additional competencies.
This certificate does not have a prerequisite requirement.
Price: $847.00 Early Bird Price: $759.60
Register for all courses at once to receive a discount.
Take advantage of early bird prices on individual courses for even greater savings.
- 35 instructional hours/4.2 CEUs
- See individual courses for additional logistics and dates and times.
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or you would like to have this course customized specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See individual courses for dates