Through the use of a case study, participants find themselves immersed in the project management situations they will find on the exam. Because participants actually experience the PMBOK®, they leave with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to pass the new situational exam and improve the performance of their future projects.
The case study deepens learning by immersing participants in dozens of project management situations relevant to both the exam and real-life project management. The case study provides a rich experience designed to increase the levels of learning and give participants an experience to build on.
Each session participants will encounter specific sections of the PMBOK® along with activities, reviews, and quizzes. Practice questions, flashcards, quizzes and additional study aids are provided to accelerate learning.
Anyone who desires to pass the PMP® or CAPM® course and become certified. Note: This course provides an understanding of Project Management Theory and practical applications to put the theory into practice; however, it also spends class time on information specific to taking the PMI® exams.
- Students are required to use their computer camera to participate in the course
- Metropolitan State University does not provide a guaranteed passing score on the exam
- For best results, participants should take the PMI® exam with 1 month of completing the course
- Registration for the exam and payment for the exam are separate transactions with the Project Management Institute®
Metro State uses curriculum that has been approved by PMI®.
Taking this course will enable participants to:
- Experience the PMBOK®
- Earn the required education hours to qualify for the PMP® or CAPM® exam
- Use practical tools, templates and examples on future projects
- Identify PMI® specific vocabulary to memorize the exam
- Understand how PMI® defines and approaches project management
- Comprehend initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing processes within project management
- Identify the inputs, tools, techniques, and outputs of each project management process
- Recognize the Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Grasp integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, stakeholders, communications, risk and procurement
- Gain test preparation skills
- Utilize tips, tricks and help on how to prepare for and take the PMP®/CAPM® exam
- Employ strategies for listing experience on the PMI® application
Participants must have a camera on their computer and be willing to use it to participate in class.
To best utilize the class, have your PMI® exam application already started on the first day of class.
Useful websites: Project Management Institute Certification
Price: $2,195.00 Early Bird Pricing: $1,975.50 until March 26, 2018
No other discounts may be applied to this course.
PMP®/CAPM® Test Prep course includes the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) version 6.0 and a substantial study guide. The PMBOK® and study guide will be shipped via ground transportation two weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Those registering within three weeks of class starting may not receive materials prior to the first day of class
- Extra costs will apply to shipping outside the continuous 48 United States. Please contact IPD with your address to get an estimate
- PMBOK®, study guide, and shipping costs will not be refunded once items have shipped-even if the student withdraws from the course
Class cancellations must be done seven full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than seven full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
“Awesome class! Great materials! I’ve been a project manager by title, but had no idea everything that goes into project management. I’m excited to put the things I learned to practical use”- from spring 2015 workshop participant
“It was an amazing class with a deeply knowledgeable instructor!” – from spring 2015 workshop participant
Virtual session (5 days) will be on:
- Monday, May 7, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 18, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
This course is also offered in a classroom setting. Click here for more information.
If you miss class time you will not receive credit for those hours. We do not provide make-up opportunities for missed hours. Please note the PMI® hours needed to qualify for your exam.
If you are registering through the workforce center, you must have your counselor contact IPD directly at firstname.lastname@example.org