Through the use of an iPad® simulation participants find themselves immersed in the project management situations they will find on the exam. Because participants actually experience the PMBOK®, they leave with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to pass the new situational exam and improve the performance of their future projects.
The iPad®-based simulation deepens learning by immersing participants in dozens of project management situations relevant to both the exam and real-life project management. The simulation provides a rich multi-media experience designed to increase the levels of learning and give participants an experience to build on.
Each day participants will encounter specific sections of the PMBOK® along with simulation activities, reviews, and quizzes. Practice questions, flashcards, quizzes and additional study aids to accelerate learning.
Anyone who desires to pass the PMP® or CAPM® course and become certified. Note: This course provides an understanding of Project Management Theory and practical applications to put the theory into practice; however, it also spends class time on information specific to taking the PMI ® exams.
- Metropolitan State University does not provide a guarantee a passing score on the exam.
- For best results, participants should take the PMI® exam with 1 month of completing the course.
- Registration for the exam and payment for the exam are separate transactions with the Project Management Institute ®
Taking this course will enable participants to:
- Experience the PMBOK®.
- Earn the required education hours to qualify for the PMP® or CAPM® exam.
- Use practical tools, templates and examples on future projects.
- Identify PMI® specific vocabulary to memorize for the exam.
- Understand how PMI® defines and approaches project management.
- Comprehend initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing processes within project management.
- Identify the inputs, tools, techniques, and outputs of each project management process.
- Recognize the Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Grasp integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, stakeholders, communications, risk, and procurement.
- Gain test preparation skills
- Utilize tips, tricks & help on how to prepare for and take the PMP®/CAPM® exam.
- Employ strategies for listing experience on the PMI® application
This course does not have a prerequisite requirement, but to best utilize the class, come to the first day of class with your PMI ® application already started.
Price: $2195.00 Early Bird Pricing: $1975.00 until May 8, 2017
- Materials Provided:
- PMBOK® (current version)
- Participant Manual and Prep Study Guide
- Accelerated Learning Aids (practice tests, word games, etc.)
- PMP® Prep iPad Application for use during class
- iPad for use during class
- 35 Education Contact Hours to register with PMI ® for PMP ® or CAPM ® exam.
- Food: Lunch is included in a daytime course or a light meal with an evening course.
- Free Parking
- Useful websites: