The scenarios used in this workshop are advanced level scenarios, giving the analysts a chance to deal with complex cyber-attacks alongside their team members while practicing teamwork, escalation processes and advanced cyber security practices. Further emphasis is on effective post-event communication and process review.
Length: 5 days (37.5 hours)
This training course has been designed for cybersecurity experts that already have a deep understanding of cyber threats in general.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand theoretical background for advanced SOC topics.
- Investigate the virtual scenario-driven environment using the MN Cyber Range training system.
- Discuss and debrief with the trainer about the solution of the scenario, including analyzing the results of the participants developing additional insights, mitigation plans and more.
- Develop special skills on key investigation tools. This part is dynamic and might be changed based on remaining time and trainee’s prior knowledge.
- Develop understanding and appropriate response to 5-8 advanced threat vectors, including:
- Killer Trojan
- SQL Injection
- Trojan Data Leakage
- Java Applet Send Mail
- DB Dump via FTP Exploit
- Trojan Share Privilege Escalation
- WMI Worm
Industry certification at the level of CompTIA CySA or 2+ years of related security experience are recommended
Participants are expected to have intermediate-to-advanced knowledge in:
Operating Systems: Windows & Linux
- Windows & Linux Log Management
- Windows & Linux Forensics
- Windows & Linux Command Line
Networking & Logs
- IIS Server Logs
- .NET Reverse Engineering
- Network Forensics
Understanding Cyber Security Concepts
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
Inauguration Discount Price: $3,500.00 enrollment prior to June 1, 2018
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch will be provided
- CEUs: 4.2
- Location: Metropolitan State University Science and Education Center
- Parking: Available in the Metropolitan State University Ramp for a $5.00 daily fee
- If you are Metro State alumni or a current student, you can qualify for 15% off the regular course price. Visit our alumni page to sign-up for the discount code.
- If you sign-up through your workforce center, have your counselor contact us at 612-659-7230 prior to registering to receive 15% off the regular course price.
- If you are a business with three or more people taking the course, contact us to receive 15% off the regular course price.