This course includes both the technical and operational aspects of incident investigation. On the technical side, the trainees will learn about tools and techniques used to investigate the network, and will practice the usage of these tools on the virtual environment. On the operational side, the trainees will learn about working as a team, dividing the tasks of monitoring and investigating between the different team members, drawing conclusions from the gathered information and applying mitigation processes.
Length: 5 days (37.5 hours)
This training course is designed for cybersecurity personnel that already have some general understanding of cybersecurity threats.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Increase in threat knowledge level in the cybersecurity domain
- Develop cyber response skill set in a hands-on, scenario-based environment
- Develop decision making processes to be more efficient and faster in the face of authentic cyber incidents.
- Develop understanding and appropriate response to 5-8 threat vectors, including:
- Web Defacement
- SQL Injection
- Apache Shutdown
- DB Dump via FTP Exploit
- Trojan Data Leakage
- Java Sendmail
- WMI Worm
Industry certification at the level of CompTIA Security+ or at least 1+ year of related security experience are recommended.
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge in:
Operating systems: Windows & Linux
- Understanding of the operating systems in general
- Windows & Linux Log Management
- Windows & Linux Forensics
- Windows & Linux Command Line
Networking & Logs
- IIS Server Logs
- .NET Reverse Engineering
- Network Forensics
Understanding Cyber Security Concepts
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch will be provided
- CEUs: 4.2
- Location: Metropolitan State University Science and Education Center
- Parking: Available in the Metropolitan State University Ramp for a $5.00 daily fee
- If you are Metro State alumni or a current student, you can qualify for 15% off the regular course price. Visit our alumni page to sign-up for the discount code.
- If you sign-up through your workforce center, have your counselor contact us at 612-659-7230 prior to registering to receive 15% off the regular course price.
- If you are a business with three or more people taking the course, contact us to receive 15% off the regular course price.
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).