All content is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge®, and the PMBOK® basics are covered. If you are up for a fast-paced, thorough and engaging introduction to Project Management, this 1-day course is for you.
- Length: 1 day
- This course pairs well with Executing Successful Projects certificate
People who are new to project management.
People who are experienced project managers, but need an overview of the terms and concepts associated with PMI® project management methodology.
After taking this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the differences between projects, programs and portfolios
- Explain PMI’s integration of Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- Identify the project roles critical to success
- Understand the role methodologies play in project management
- Explain the critical skills needed to Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor, Control, and Close projects.
This course does not have a prerequisite requirement.
- Overall, I was satisfied with my learning experience: 3.9 out of 4 stars
- The instructor displayed knowledge of the subject: 4 out of 4 stars
- The instructor engaged participants in learning: 3.9 out of 4 stars
- Great materials. A lot was covered, but it was a good level of detail.
- I came away with new tools that I can use immediately.
- This is a great addition to my studies for the PMP ® exam- very happy I attended.
Price: $380.00 Early Bird Pricing: $342.00 up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
Food: Lunch is provided in all courses that are at least 7 hours in length
If your organization has at least 6 participants and you desire to host the class at your site or if you would like to customize this course specifically for your organization, contact Beth Schaefer at 651-999-5834 or email@example.com
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).
“This is a great addition to my project management studies for PMP – very happy that I attended.” – from fall 2016 participant
“I came into this class new, and it was all effective for me.” – from fall 2016 participant