Complex projects delivered with agility
These Scrum Training courses, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®, will help you and your organization:
- Use a standard framework and vocabulary on projects
- Understand an agile culture and how it will impact your organization
- Transform your ability to complete complex projects
- Manage change in projects that predictably occur with collaborative design
- Length: Two days
- This course pairs well with the Selling Your Project course.
- Anyone seeking a better way to get work done
- People new to Scrum
- People with experience using Scrum who desire fresh ideas on being more effective
- People seeking ScrumMaster® Certification through Scrum Alliance
- Project Mangers
- Business Analysts
- Product Developers
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Agile Manifesto and its principles
- Summarize Scrum history and framework
- Apply the five Scrum values and benefits
- Compare and contrast the Empirical Process vs. the Defined Process
- Distinguish between the roles of ScrumMaster®, Product Owner®, and Development Team, including the responsibilities of each and who should play those roles
- Conduct effective Scrum meetings: understand the purpose, value, duration, and invitees for each meeting
- Understand agile estimating and planning
- Develop Scrum artifacts and documents, such as The Product Backlog, the Spring Backlog, the Burn down and Burn up Charts, and the product increment
- Recognize danger signs and what to do about them
- Organize non-collocated teams conducive to an agile environment
- Launch an agile project
Membership: Course fee includes a two-year membership in Scrum Alliance.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in a daytime course or a light meal with an evening course.
- Free Parking
- Exam: After completing this course, qualifying students will receive a link to the CSM exam.
- Exam Fees: The exam fee with Scrum Alliance is included in the workshop registration. The instructor will provide a link to the exam.
- If you already have a Scrum Alliance certification, this workshop is worth 15 SEUs.
- If you already have a PMI® Certification, this workshop is worth 15 PDU’s in Category B.
- Useful websites: https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications