Complex projects delivered with agility
These Scrum Training courses, taught by a Certified Scrum® Trainer, will help you and your organization:
- Use a standard framework and vocabulary on projects
- Understand an agile culture and how it will impact your organization
- Transform your ability to complete complex projects
- Manage change in projects that predictably occur with collaborative design
Length: Two days
This course does not have an exam, certification is awarded at instructor discretion based on attendance and participation.
This course pairs well with the Selling Your Project course.
- People who are new to Scrum and want to know how to start
- Experienced Scrum practitioners desiring new ideas to improve their Scrum practices
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Business Managers
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Agile Manifesto and its principles
- Summarize Scrum history and framework
- Apply the five Scrum values and benefits
- Distinguish between the roles of ScrumMaster®, Product Owner®, and Development Team, including the responsibilities of each and who should perform those roles
- Understand a Product Owner’s role in each of the Scrum meetings
- Bring value to a project through supporting self-organization
- Participate in agile estimating and planning sessions
- Develop and maintain the Scrum artifact known as the Product Backlog
- Recognize the value of and learn how to interpret metrics and information radiators such as Burn down/up Charts, team velocity, task boards, and predictability tools.
- Write and maintain User Stories
- Understand, write, and accept Acceptance Criteria
- Increase product value through prioritization of User Stories and refining the Product Backlog
- Understand responsibilities around accepting/rejecting deliverables and how to prevent/handle carry over
Course fee includes a two-year membership in Scrum Alliance.
- Course Texts: no texts are used in this course
- Food: Lunch is included in a daytime course or a light meal with an evening course.
- Free Parking
- If you already have a Scrum Alliance certification, this workshop is worth 15 SEUs.
- If you already have a PMI® Certification, this workshop is worth 15 PDU’s in Category B.
- Useful websites: https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications
Class cancellations must be done fourteen full business days before the class start date. No refunds for cancellations of less than fourteen full business days. No Shows/Missed Classes – Refunds will not be issued for any missed class. Late Arrivals/Early Departures – Metropolitan State University reserves the right to decrease continuing education units issued for late arrivals and early departures. Written confirmation will be sent to you a week before class. If a class is canceled, you will be contacted by phone, mail, or email. Metropolitan State University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances, such as weather (a full refund will be granted).